Subdural hematoma factors causing neurological disorders Subdural hematoma is one of the factors that could cause neurological disorders:
1. Geriatric patients appear drowsy with a new personality changes occur. Headache is a picture of subdural hematoma is an important and almost always occurs.
2. Mental changes usually occur within several days to several weeks, sometimes several months.
3. Not always there is a history of head trauma (1 / 3 patients with subdural hematoma without head trauma).
4. Check the existence of subdural hematoma by CT-scan and EEG. Sometimes not seen any incidence of lesions on CT scan. So if clinically very suspicious of subdural hematoma, although the MRI did not have abnormalities on CT-scan.
5. Bilateral subdural hematoma on CT-scan can be seen only as a leveling sulcus-sulcus cerebral cortex; narrowing of the ventricles can not be seen. Diagnosis with MRI or arteriography.
6. If clinical suspicion of subdural hematoma, do not do a lumbar puncture. A lumbar puncture is not a diagnostic tool and can even make things worse. (cerebrospinal fluid of patients with subdural hematoma can be seen xantokrom with increased protein, but 50% of the normal case).
Risks that occur due to head injury
1. Epidural hematoma
1. Epidural hematoma
an operation case which is often obtained. where the damage occurred between the internal and duramater tabula (duramater firmly attached to the sutura, except in young children and the elderly). picture obtained bikonveks and 80% with a fracture in Os temporal artery that causes rupture Meningea Media (this artery through in Os.temporalis). The existence of Lucid Interval in which patients have fainted (but not because of bleeding), but fainted because Comotio (sensation of the brain). For the prognosis is good (can not have neurological abnormalities), if handled quickly. if treated late can be fatal.
2. Subdural hematoma
The main cause for venous dikorteks.didapatkan picture rips mid line switch &> 5 mm (it is advisable for the operation), although hematomnya thin. poor prognosis because of the damage in the area of the cortex and there is bleeding.
3. Intracerebral hemorrhage
4. CONTUSIO / hematoma
aja yahh .. until this hour notes, very simple and small. instead i miss catetnya, but the purpose of this catatanq, disconnected where ... run anywhere ... But that is quite obvious kan.moga useful!