It’s going to be a quiet holiday weekend at home (with an emphasis on home…) for one of Hollywood’s favorite repeat rehabbers. Lindsay Lohan has begun serving out a 35 day house arrest sentence stemming from her No Contest” plea in the jewel theft case that garnered headlines earlier this year.
Lohan entered the earlier this month to a misdemeanor theft charge for stealing a necklace from a Venice jewelry store in January. She turned herself in on Thursday morning at 5:02 AM PT, says Steve Whitmore, spokesperson for the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department spokesman Steve Whitmore.
“She is now confined to the interior premises of her home at all times,” he says.
Lohan’s been fitted with an electronic monitoring device on her ankle and will be allowed out to continue her court-ordered community service at the Los Angeles Downtown Women’s Center.
After her sentencing this month in Los Angeles, Lohan released a statement over the alleged theft.
“I am glad to be able to put this past me and move on with my life and my career. I support the judge’s decision and hold myself accountable for being in this situation. I have already started my community service at the Downtown Women’s Center and thank everyone there for their warm welcome. I hope to be able to fulfill my obligation without any press attention. I think the media spotlight should be on issues such as homelessness and domestic violence instead of on me.”